Count Your Blessings
Hi, Friend! I’m so glad you’re here! I’m Summer Shore, and I can’t wait to hang out with you each weekday evening from 7-9 pm. If we were at my house, I’d hand you a fuzzy blanket and a mug of something hot, and we’d ignore the dishes in my sink and pile of unfolded laundry on the chair, and you can just be yourself. Count Your Blessings is a time to be encouraged, to take stock of your day--the good and the not-so-good, and find a nugget of hope, no matter what you’re facing.
Hi, I'm Summer!
A little bit about me:
I am originally from Washington DC, but my family moved to Corvallis, Oregon, when I was nine years old. I grew up here and met my husband Jake at a campus ministry event at my alma mater, Oregon State University (Go Beavs!) It was a no-brainer when my husband and I were thinking of where we’d like to put down roots. We love the Pacific Northwest and the community that’s right here in our backyard.
Jake and I are coming up on our 19 th wedding anniversary this summer (hurray!), and we have three boys: Sam, who is 16, Jonathan, who’s 12, and our bonus baby, Daniel, who just turned 1. We also have an 8-year old diva-chihuahua named Lucy, who thinks she runs things. When I’m not driving to sports practices, trying to sneak in a date night with my husband, or chasing our very mobile and ambitious toddler, I’m pouring my heart out into Revive Ministries, a non-profit women’s ministry that I co-founded with my best friend in 2016 We love linking arms with women everywhere and helping them know who they are in Christ.
I discovered my passion for radio around 2016 as well. It took me about two minutes behind the mic before I realized that I absolutely loved it. I had been praying for a way to use my words and my voice for God, and what a fun answer to that prayer. By the grace of God, I managed to turn all those report cards with “excessive talking” on them into a career. Six years later, I’m still getting to share my life and encouraging stories with people on the air, and I love every minute of it.
Some Fun Facts About Me:
- I am part Dominican & Honduran and fluent in Spanglish. Sometimes I will read English words in Spanish in my head and sound like Dory from Finding Nemo. (ES-CA-PE)
- I love all food, but Cuban food is my favorite.
- I love it when my whole family piles on the couch together for a movie night.
- I was an all-state cheerleader in high school and cheered for a year at OSU.
- I believe laughter is powerful medicine and smiling is my favorite.
- My favorite movies are Nacho Libre, Roman Holiday, La La Land, and the Hallmark Channel. All of it.